Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sleepy and Random

This time of year is usually very busy, and this year is no different.  Received a message last night asking me to create a table top in three days.  Now keep in mind that I requested all holiday orders to be placed in November or even in October... pro.  That comes to mind.  Pro equals procrastinator.  I am one of those, but so are my customers.  This gentleman waited until just before the moment he needed a finished piece to ask to have it built.  Ah... such is life.  I figure if I can build a 9 drawer jewelry armoire that I can build the table top too.  After all, it is nothing more than an over-sized cutting board. An inch thick.  Of course I have to drive 2 hours to get the lumber because the lumber companies close by do not carry lumber... go figure.

I am concerned about lumber, but the fact that my house is in disarray doesn't seem to bother me.. or does it.  I have an empty fake tree, never had a fake tree before, and don't really like it.  The only other decorations I have up are a sugar bowl and the icicle lights out front that were put up in November.  I did manage to make cookies, of which there is one left....  blamed the kids, but then realized I don't have kids.

Looking forward to next week when I get to relax.  Or will I.  Christmas isn't until later in the week and there are those last minute orders of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment