It is already halfway through the month and I have four Christmas decorations out. A sugar bowl, an ornament my friends bought for me in Las Vegas last week and a fake Christmas tree a customer was throwing away, and the icicle lights that I put up in November while it was warm. Time is flying and I've been in my shop daily except for a brief whirlwind trip the Las Vegas to join my friends in their wedding journey.
Work work work. I wonder why I do this stuff. I am not making any money to get ahead, but I am working overtime every day to the point that I do not even have the time or energy to get the decorations out of the attic to enjoy the season. I haven't gone to get my tree, and that I love to do. It is just a weird sensation to feel like the world is spinning too fast. And then I sat here this morning and took the time to read every single blog post my sister wrote. Some I commented on, and others I just read and contemplated where she was at the time to put myself in her shoes. The indicators of the end coming were there, and I knew it at the time, but going back to read about her journey somehow made things more apparent. It makes me a little angry at the doctors, who allowed her to put things off. They should have insisted (my mind says) But then again because they didn't push - she was allowed to enjoy the last couple of months she had, and perhaps they knew that too.
I am going to work today because I have customers expecting Christmas stuff. But I am going to enjoy a whole day this weekend and take it completely off. I'm going to put things off, like my sister did, so I can enjoy the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment